|United States Mission Abuja - Truck Driver|
|Written by admin|
|Monday, 27 August 2012 15:52|
United States Mission Abuja Vacancy Announcement No. 2012-080 Date: August 24, 2012 Ref: Subject: TRUCK DRIVER
Location: ABUJA – GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE (GSO)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Truck Driver, FSN-04/FP-AA
OPENING DATE: August 24, 2012
CLOSING DATE: September 07, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: OR Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N1,671,821 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid
in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM, EFM/MOH - US$24,518 p.a.
(Starting Salary) Position Grade: FP-AA
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE
RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING
OFFICER UNDER COM AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE OFFICIALLY
ASSIGNED TO POST.
The U.S. Embassy, Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the
position of a Truck Driver in the General Services Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent operates medium and large commercial and military sized trucks, pick-ups,
delivery vans, forklifts and specialized materials handling equipment. He/she supervises
and assists in loading and unloading of vehicles; and delivers passengers and freight to
and from the warehouse, embassy, commercial or residential locations throughout
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below
with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Minimum of one (1) year professional truck driving experience is required.
3. Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading English is required.
4. Knowledge of key locations and traffic patterns in and around Abuja is required.
5. Ability to lift and move 50kg of weight is required.
6. Candidate must possess a valid Nigerian professional truck driving license.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report
are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
(WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application
will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned)
that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
1. US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) – For purposes of receiving a
preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
US Citizen; and,
EFM (see above) at least 18 years old; and,
Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service
member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM
authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
1. Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post
of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan;
2. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA)
location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
2. EFM: An individual related to a US Government employee in one of the following
Child, who is unmarried and under 21 years of age or, regardless of age, is
incapable of self-support. The term shall include, in addition to natural offspring,
stepchildren and adopted children and those under legal guardianship of the
employee or the spouse when such children are expected to be under such legal
guardianship until they reach 21 years of age and when dependent upon and
normally residing with the guardian.
3. Member of Household (MOH) – An individual who accompanies a direct-hire
Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member permanently assigned or stationed at a U.S.
Foreign Service post or establishment abroad, or at an office of the American Institute in
Taiwan. An MOH is:
Not an EFM; and,
Not on the travel orders of the sponsoring employee; and,
Has been officially declared by the sponsoring USG employee to the COM as part
of his/her household.
A MOH is under COM authority and may include a parent, unmarried partner, other
relative or adult child who falls outside the Department’s current legal and statutory
definition of family member. A MOH does not have to be a US Citizen.
4. Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) – An individual who:
Is not a citizen of the host country; and,
Does not ordinarily reside (OR, see below) in the host country; and,
Is not subject to host country employment and tax laws; and,
Has a US Social Security Number (SSN).
NOR employees are compensated under a GS or FS salary schedule, not under the LCP.
5. Ordinarily Resident (OR) – A Foreign National or US citizen who:
Is locally resident; and,
Has legal, permanent resident status within the host country; and,
Is subject to host country employment and tax laws.
EFMs without US Social Security Numbers are also OR. All OR employees, including
US citizens, are compensated in accordance with the LCP.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: September 07, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable
treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual
orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment
opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have
been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate
grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts
An Equal Opportunity Employer