|Oil & Gas Sector Jobs - Business Manager|
|Written by admin|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 15:52|
A major player in the Oil & Gas Sector seeks an intelligent, highly skilled, competent and result-oriented individual for the position of:
Location: Abuja. (Relocation package available for successful candidate)
Our client’s Europe Marketing & Origination team leverages origination, marketing and commercial development capabilities in support of its global oil’s growth ambitions. The charter of this team is to provide expert resources in pursuit of a range of more sophisticated and longer-term transactions will be originated of physical, derivative price risk management, and financial elements.
This Marketing and Origination provides the relationship and business development support for the Global Commodity books as well as regional oversight and relationship management. Marketing and Origination also seek to create growth options and step out opportunities that may cross commodities. Marketing activity includes establishing and developing third party accounts for supply, off take and risk management. Origination includes establishing structural relationships that offer customers and partner’s combinations of service, finance, risk mitigation and capability for flexible long term asset access and associated information, values and commodity flows.
West Africa features prominently in our client’s Global Oil Europe’s strategy.
1. Support regional office origination efforts.
2. Serves as contact for regional security and HSSE matters
3. Manages the office budget and interfaces with Finance-Accounting and company accountants in the preparation of financial reports for quarterly accounts submissions.
4. Acts as point of contact for internal and external audits and provide support to all assurance activities in the region.
5. Collates and gathers local market intelligence to support origination activities and trading positions
• Interfaces with and provides support to Analytics in London.
• Maintains list of lightering vessels likely to receive our approval
• Interfaces with logistics co-ordinator to maintain a list of and increase the number of Storage tanks, Terminals and Jetties in the region that are approved by us.
• Pulls together our weekly Market Report for our customers.
6. Ensure compliance with all local and regulatory requirements for the regional office including local tax applications and filings.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Commercial minded with an understanding of basic supply & trading principles and PNL generation.
- Problem solving skills/logical thinking and decision making abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure/quick thinking.
- Self starter/desire to take responsibility.
- Ability to build relationships and balance conflicting viewpoints.
- Strong communication & presentation skills and attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Advanced IT skills with strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and grasp of the West African Oil and Gas market and regulatory environment.
- Grasp of market analytics and capability to evaluate and challenge business opportunities for risk and reward.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, please quote BM-01 as the subject of your email with your curriculum vitae (prepared as a Word document and saved with your full names) and send to us at
Not later than 10th July, 2012.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short listed candidates will be contacted