Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
|Brunel Energy Nigeria - Job HSE Site Lead (ENERGY VC18750)|
|Written by admin|
|Thursday, 15 March 2012 22:18|
Job HSE Site Lead (ENERGY VC18750)
• Give input to the development Project HS&E policy for the construction of the BC facility in line with current COMPANY SOPs and CBAs.
• Work together with COMPANYHSE manager, General Contractor construction manager and HSE manager for developing site HS&E plan and management system to achieve zero incident rate at construction site .
• Make sure COMPANY safety requirements for construction properly met.
• Coordinate construction and plant safety procedures and rules.
• Give input for safety aspects at construction site set up for safe access for operators and construction vehicles.
• Ensure that all operators at site and visitors received e training and induction before entering the site.
• Give input to the review and approval Contractors safety plans.
• Check that all equipment and tools and material entering the site have been safety cleared.
• Give input to the approval of risk assessments and method statements submitted by the contractors prior to construction. Make sure that execution of the works are in conformity with approved methods.
• Make sure that all the operators and visitors to site are working and behaving in safe manner.
• Make sure that safety tags of equipment are valid and displayed.
• Make sure that permit to work system is working effectively and permits are displayed appropriately.
• Make sure that emergency plans are in place and operators and visitors awareness of them.
• Be present or provide tool box talks at the start of every different construction activity.
• Lead or be present weekly construction safety meetings at site.
• Develop BOS system for the site and align with site Construction and HSE manager and Contractor for implementation.
• Lead daily site safety tours.
• Participate in BOS tours.
• Monitor and review safety measures and benchmark results and propose changes/improvements for priority areas for safety procedures and plans. Execute the changes.
• Mastery and demonstrated success in managing Health and Safety at COMPANY construction sites in diverse geographies for over 10 years
• Leadership: This role demands the presents the individual to leadership skill for establishment of HS&E policy and management system starting from establishing the policy, the management system, plans, till monitoring the execution and reviewing the results.
• Attitude: Passionate for delivering the results, safety success criteria in challenging environments, i.e. developing/emerging countries. The candidate must be a self starter and able to work alone as often there are limited or no plant resources in place to support the project. Able to create innovative and practical solutions in developing countries.
• Collaboration: Works across functions such as Project Management, various construction trades. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Builds and leverages networks to achieve results. Experience in managing teams and resources from a remote location are a plus.
• Inclusion: Thrive in teams with a diverse mix of cultures and backgrounds. Demonstrated creation and development of inclusive teams.
The HS&E Site Leader will be a member of Lagos Construction management team. Candidate will be continuously present at construction site for up to 18 months. The person filling this role will join a young, growing, multi-cultural and highly motivated environment with tremendous learning opportunity. Working conditions in Lagos will be 5 weeks on site and one week on unpaid leave including travel. The travel will be paid by COMPANY. Working times are 8.00 to 18.00 hrs Monday to Friday and 8.00 -15.00 hrs on Saturday. Sunday is rest day. Flexibility for work time and travel will be required for increased travel in peak project phases. Accommodation will be provided in or close to construction site by COMPANY..
Oggar, Helen (+234 1 271 4022)
|Last Updated on Thursday, 15 March 2012 22:20|