The ideal candidate will lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities across the organization and ensure they are carried out efficiently,effectively and in line with best practices.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Dept.
- Ensure compliancewith statutory authority and audit requirements.
- Maintain integrity of Accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
- On a monthly basis conduct balance sheet reconciliation for review by Directors.
- Where inconsistencies to reconciliations emerge take remedial action or refer to relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Update “chart of accounts” monthly to reflect account management activities.
- Provide assistance and direction to senior management regarding financial matters
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers.
- Analyse business performance / results, providing feedback to Senior Management.
- Track and monitor revenue for accuracy, verifying it against sub ledger report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise.
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business.
- In conjunction with senior management, source and identify financial providers.
- Ensure that debtors are monitored and collections are consistent with set company time frames.
- In conjunction with IT Systems Administrator, coordinate and implement upgrades to financial accounting system, providing necessary information / training to direct reports.
Budgeting / Forecasting& Reporting
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure the accurate preparation / reporting of monthly financial results in strict accordance with Company deadlines.
- Where required, provide assistance / direction to managers with regards to the preparation of budgets.
- In conjunction with senior management, ensure that business cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produces optimal results.
- Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in senior management reports, including any future / potential exposures to the organisation.
- Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company.
- Ensure that end of year statutory accounts report is finalised by specified date and presented to senior management for review.
- On an annual basis prepare “budget reports” for review by senior management
- On a monthly basis track and review expenditure against set budgets providing senior management with a “budget inconsistencies report”.
- On a monthly basis ensure that hire purchase and leased activities are accounted for and reported to senior management.
- Ensure all company assets are monitored and accurately accounted for.
- Ensure the fixed assets register is managed and maintained with strict adherence to “fixed assets register procedure.”
- On a monthly basis ensure the general ledger is reconciled to the assets register.
Regulation & Statutory Compliance
- Act as the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that policies are followed.
- As required, complete all tax returns within specified date for final review and approval by management prior to forwarding to regulatory bodies.
- Manage Corporate andIndividual Tax (PAYE) Matters
TopBrass Aviation was formed in 2008 to provide Aircraft Management and Aircraft Charter Services to the private, corporate and non-commercial aviation industry in Nigeria and the West African sub region.